netIOT Edge devices securely connect automation networks with a cloud or any IoT directed application. As field devices they are performing cyclic IO data exchange with the PLC and communicate furthermore with IoT capable field devices directly at the same time. These exchanged key field data build the basis for intelligent higher-level applications of cyber-physical systems and M2M solutions.
- Effortless integration into the automation network as standard field device
- Rapid modelling of data paths between field and application with Node-RED
- Direct OPC UA / MQTT communications to IoT capable field devices in parallel to the PLC
- Trusted platforms due to secured boot
- Secure HTTPS/TLS encrypted data transmissions
The devices are designed for continuous operations in environments with permanent intranet or internet connection. Security mechanisms such as physical separation of the automation and IT network, a secure operating system, the execution of signed firmware and packets only are securing the data integrity and encryption techniques of the latest standards protecting against data theft. The gateways base function builds a web based Thing Wiring Editor. It serves to model the data flow in the devices.
Data apps and data profiles are created in minutes with predefined function blocks. OPC UA and MQTT functions address objects in IoT field devices or in the cloud over standardized IoT protocols. With software package of netIOT service the base function can be advanced by further applications or communication profiles to specific clouds.